Our mission is to work together as an interfaith-based organization under the guidance of IRIS (Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services) in co-sponsoring to help welcome, resettle, and establish a refugee family into our Milford community.
Our final vision and hopes are that within a year’s time, a refugee family will have become happy, independent, and productive members of our community.
Some of the specific goals we set out to accomplish include:
- finding an affordable residence/housing
- helping the family in learning English and about our culture
- guidance in employment opportunities
- establish any children into our public school system
- where and how to utilize area community resources such as local transportation services, shopping and healthcare